Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Some Cruelty Free Foundation Swatches - Illamasqua, Illuminare, Too Faced, Cover FX, Silk Naturals

I purchased the foundations shown, except for the Cover FX N10; I asked for a sample on a recent Sephora trip, as they did not stock shade N0.

This is more a reminder for me so that when I feel the need to try a new foundation, I can look back at my own photos to see what worked for me and what didn't.  I put a dab of each foundation on my arm, bare skin, and brushed it in with a wet/dry brush.  They are not blended in, of course, so you can really get an idea of the shade.  I went a bit heavy on the Illamasqua CF 115 cream, but the rest I used an equal amount.

**Please note the Cover FX is their Natural Finish Foundation.  Sorry I didn't include that in the original post!!**

Note all the brands are cruelty free.  Also note the Silk Naturals are the HD cream formula.

Sunlight:


And here's the two indirect sunlight / in the shade photos:



Note I did adjust the brightness of these two in Photobucket, by the amount shown below.
I know, you could probably care less, but normally my photos are only cropped and labeled, I thought it was important I mention it.  I wanted them a bit brighter without changing the color of the foundations.

I hope you've found these photos helpful, and thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These swatches are a fantastic help! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad they're helpful.

      Delete
  3. What specific coverfx product is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Natural Finish Foundation. Sorry I forgot to include that!!

      Delete