Thursday, August 13, 2015

Fyrinnae Lipstick Swatches

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the product and received one free sample with order.

I jumped on the Fyrinnae lipstick shades when I saw them.  I only purchased samples to start, and lemme say that I really appreciate the sample sizes.  These were packaged in 5g jars, so easy to dip the brush in to try them.  There's enough for several uses.  Samples are $1.50, full sizes are $10.

When I ordered on August 3rd, there were seven shades.  Since then, three additional shades - Pumpkin Spicy, Indulgence, and Space Western - were added.  Fyrinnae graciously added a sample of Pumpkin Spicy to my order.  That's another positive, they're happy to include a new shade with orders.  Note my order arrived on August 12th.  I also ordered a full size shadow (Moon Child, since mine's nearly empty) and a mini of Marshmallow Puffs shadow.

Here's my quick & dirty swatches, applied on bare skin.  Lipstick was applied using a wet/dry brush, brushed over the samples several times to pick up enough product, then brushed it over my arm 4-5 times to make sure it was dark enough.

First photo inside, no flash



Here's an outside photo, although you can see the sky is kind of an odd color for 10:30am.  Sort of overcast, but the flash didn't go off. 


Fyrinnae's Color Descriptions:

Witchcraft - A solid version of our extremely popular Wizardry Liquid Lipstick, this is a burgundy base with a shimmer highlight which turns from turquoise to pink to reddish, depending on the light and angle. Please note that the color and effect will not be as intense as the liquid lipstick

Misfit -  Light metallic "grape soda" purple. Sheer at first but easily built up

Empower -  Deep, warm mahogany plum, coordinates with Saharan Princess blush. May appear brown on some skintones  (this does look sort of a cross between plum and brown on me)

Pumpkin Spicy -  A "My Lips But Pumpkiner" shade, this is an autumn pumpkin spice color, which may work as a good warm nude on some skintones.

Drawn that Way - Vibrant rich red which doesn't lean particularly warm or cool. Can be built up to a deeper shade.

Purr -  Light cool mauve, coordinates with Bewitching and Temptation blushes

Elven -  A light, milky peach-pink, coordinates with Nordic Angel blush. This shade may be best suited for light skintones.

Legendary -  Rich bright pink, leans warm. Coordinates with Greek Goddess blush.

I thought the red shades would be my favorite, but I love the way Purr looks.  I haven't worn them yet so no thoughts on feel / wear time, etc.  They do apply sheerly but can be built up, as stated in their color descriptions.  After wearing liquid lipstick almost exclusively for the past few months, it's strange to put on a regular lipstick.  But I'm glad they're making them, and can't wait to see additional shades.

Hope the photos helped, and thanks for looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment