Tuesday, June 9, 2015

ColourPop Highlighters - 5 Swatches

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the product.



I purchased five different highlight shades, $8 each.  I don't contour and highlight simply because I couldn't be bothered, and my skin can't handle layers of product and look decent for more than a couple of hours.   On hot days, I use a bit less foundation and/or concealer over my rosacea, so a highlighter over the reddest areas can make it look like well placed blush if I'm lucky.

Monster arrived cracked; I didn't contact customer service about it because I figured it would be easy enough to press it with a fingertip or brush back together, which I did after doing my swatch. 


Close ups

ColourPop's color descriptions.  Note all these shades are a pearlized finish.

Stole the Show - Light cool-toned gold with luminous flashes of pink, silver and gold
Monster -  light pink with highly opalescent duo chrome finish
Hippo -  soft cool-toned icy lavender
Smokin' Whistles -  cool-toned pink champagne with silver highlights
Spoon -  light silver champagne with multi-dimensional silver flecks

I wasn't too crazy about Smokin' Whistles or Spoon when I first applied them, but after sitting with them on my arm (and rubbing off on my shirt a bit) I do like the shades.  They first appear a bit too peachy on me, but Smokin' Whistles does turn more pink and Spoon looks more like a plethora of sparkle in an almost sheer cream base after they've settled in.  The other three shades I adore and will use often.

I hope you've found the swatches helpful, and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment