Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Maybelline Rebel Bloom Color Tattoo Swatches - Petunia Punk, Hibiscus Heartbreak, Black Orchid, Rose Riot

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the product shown.



I picked up four of the five new limited edition Color Tattoos at Walgreen's.  The fifth shade, Hydrangea Hype, was already sold, and the display at Walgreen's only had one slot for each color.  They were buy one get one 50% off though, $7.79 for the first and $3.89 for the second.  The four shades were $23.36 plus tax, so an even $25 for four Color Tattoos.  I love these for a base underneath mineral shadow or a quick swipe of color alone when I'm short on time.

These are swatched on bare skin using a wet/dry brush.  I've gone back and forth with the brush four or five times to try and make sure the color was even.    I've cropped and labeled the photos but otherwise no adjustments.  I did try to "brighten" them a little but I thought it made the shadow look different than it looks on my arm, so better to leave it alone.

Photos taken inside by windows in various rooms, no flash



These are some nice softer shades, but again, they're LE.  Walgreens has all five shades, other stores may only have two or three shades in their displays, so you may have to hunt around for the colors you want.  The Walgreens display had only ONE slot for each shade, and I've read stores with displays containing two or three shades have only one or two slots per shade as well.

I hope you've found the swatches helpful, and thanks for looking.

8 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty and soft! I really like Black Orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the swatches! These look lovely. I was wondering if they are like past LE colors where they are sheer and slips around when you try to build the color on your lid? Thanks for taking the time to answer the question :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, so far I've only worn Petunia Punk on my lids, with UD Primer Potion under it and a little mineral shadow over it. When I did the swatches, they did slip and really don't seem to be very buildable. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for the quick response! :) I think I'll just past on hunting for them unless I happen to see them in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swatches were very helpful. I bought Rose Riot, and I've been very disappointed in its sheerness. I like cream shadows, and I don't own any cool pink shimmers so I had high hopes for this one. I think I'll return it and try to pick up Black Orchid or Hibiscus Heartbreak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found them helpful! Black Orchid is my favorite of the bunch.

      Delete