Wednesday, June 4, 2014

the Balm Shady Lady Special Edition Swatches

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the product.

I bought the Balm's Shady Lady and Put a Lid on It primer in a little box set at Kohl's for $39.50.  There was no sample display and I was a little nervous the shades might be too warm, but I can definitely mix these with cooler shades and get a lot of use from this palette.

The palette.  I used the flash so you could see the shimmer in the shadows better.   In the top row of the palette, both Feisty Felicia and Caught in the Act Courtney are shadow/liners, and in the middle row, Insane Jane is also a shadow/liner.


 

I swatched from the bottom row up, probably would've made more sense to do it top to bottom.  I was trying to hurry to take advantage of some sunlight.


Shadows swatched with dampened wet/dry brush on bare skin.  They can be applied heavier for a deeper color as well.  First photo inside, no flash.



outside indirect light, no flash


outside bright sunshine, no flash



I hope you've found the swatches helpful, and thanks for looking.

1 comment: