Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Phyrra's Pretty Litttle Elixir

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the product.

I purchased my first bottle of Phyrra's Pretty Little Elixir a few months ago.   Here's the info from FutureDerm's website:

"Developed as a collaboration between award-winning cruelty-free blogger Phyrra of Phyrra.net and FutureDerm Founder and CEO Nicki Zevola, Phyrra’s Pretty Little Elixir transforms chemically-treated hair from dry and dull to smooth and sexy. Phyrra’s Pretty Little Elixir has the right cocktail of ingredients to reduce the signs of external damage and return hair to its lustrous, soft state."

Ingredients: Aqua, Quaternium-91, Behentrimonium Chloride, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl, Silanetriol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance.




The first time I used it, I applied it more as a conditioner, to wet rather than damp hair, left it in about 10 minutes, and rinsed.  My hair felt really nice after.  The last two times I've used it, I followed the directions a little more closely and applied to damp hair, not wet.  I saturated my hair, then put on a plastic shower cap with a Turbie Twist towel over that, to help keep it all on my head.   I left it in for maybe 6 hours, simply because I got busy with household things and figured it wouldn't hurt to leave it in as long as possible.  I rinsed it all out using cool water, and my hair felt great.  Smells nice too, not too strong, not overpowering.  Sorry I'm the worst at describing scents.  I was very happy that it wasn't an apple scent, which I absolutely hate.

I recently decided to see if I could lift any of the black out of the last 8 inches or so,  and used almost half a bottle after that, to help bring back the softness my hair had prior to the attempted color removal.   I usually use Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor after bleaching the regrowth on the purple areas of my hair or doing stupid things like trying to remove the black dye, but the Joico can feel a bit heavy.  The Elixir feels much lighter and makes my hair feel really nice, better than after using the Joico.


I picked up two more bottles at Gloss48, since they were having a sale, I can't remember when but it took a while for them to ship.  I picked up two bottles directly from  FutureDerm  since they're currently on sale for $15.99.  Those two bottles arrived quickly!  I'm not sure how long they'll be on sale, but definitely worth grabbing a bottle or two.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you've found this helpful.






1 comment: