Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather Collection Swatches

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the product shown.

I picked up the five LE shades in the Harmon section of Bed Bath and Beyond, $5.79 each.  The display only has slots for two of each shade, so you have to grab these fast.  (6/12 Update: these shades are permanent, not limited editions!)


I applied the shadows with a wet/dry shadow brush on bare skin.  It's overcast and supposed to rain for the next few days, but I wanted to share these with you so you can keep in mind which shades you want if you find them.  First two are outside, no flash.



Here's an inside no flash


I'd read that these were all matte shades, but Chocolate Suede is not really matte.  When I ran the brush across the cream, I could see a reddish cast to it.  When I applied it to my arm, I could see a reddish - golden - coppery slight shimmer to it.  It's actually quite pretty, and "leather" really does fit this shade;  I was surprised since I thought it would be matte.   #260 Matte Brown  was part of the Fall 2013 collection (along with Just Beige and Nude Pink) so it's nice that it's different.  #400 Rich Mahogany  from the Fall 2012 collection is much more shimmery, and the shimmer in that was more multi color than Chocolate Suede as well.  Matte Dramatic Black also differs from the Dare to Go Nude collection's  Stroke of Midnight,  which had blueish silvery shimmer to it.

I hope you've found the photos helpful, and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment