Monday, May 12, 2014

LORAC Blushing Beauty Collection Swatches

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the product shown.

I picked up this Lorac set at Kohl's for $36.   I thought the pinky browns would be good neutral shades for me, not too cool, not too warm.  They are a bit warmer than I'd normally wear, but plan on wearing only 1 of these shades mixed in with other, slightly cooler shadows, not wear these shades together.


Products swatched with dampened wet/dry brush on bare skin.  Blush swatched with dampened small flat blush brush.  Partly cloudy today, so the sun was poking in and out, so I used the flash for two pics.


First photo inside, no flash

Inside with flash

Outside no flash

My thoughts on color:

Pink Champagne is a shimmery warm peachy pink on me.

Mauve, which is labeled 'Pro Palette Mauve' is a mauve shade, duh. It's matte, goes on creamy, and is my favorite of the three.  I know I'll wear this one the most.

Bordeaux is a brownish/wine shimmer.

Rosy Glow powder cheek stain is a soft rose shade, just a hint of shimmer, not flat.

Duchess cream lipstick is a "my lips but better' shade, and while I don't wear these often, this would be the first I'd grab.

The set came with a 3 in 1 waterproof liner in Ultra Black.  I rarely use pencil and never buy waterproof, but I suppose most people prefer waterproof.  It also came with a Cobra mascara, I haven't used it yet but hopefully will like it since my current mascara is due for replacement in June.  I thought it was a pretty good price, even though Kohl's doesn't allow discounts on this brand.  Plus on a positive note, the sales associate in the makeup dept knew her stuff and was very helpful.

Hope you've found the photos helpful, and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment