Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Maybelline Dare to go Nude Color Tattoo: Pure Nude, Beige-ing Beauty, Nude Compliment, Stroke of Midnight Swatches

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the items shown.

I picked up 4 of the 6 Color Tattoo shades from Maybelline's 2014 Dare to go Nude Collection.  I found them at Harmon Discount Values inside Bed Bath and Beyond, $5.79 each plus tax.   Yes, I am on a no buy but these are my Valentine's Day gift and therefore don't count against me ;)

These do NOT say "Limited Edition" on the plastic protective wrap like some of the other shades I've purchased, and Maybelline should absolutely keep these as permanent shades.  They're great neutrals that would appeal to many, particularly those who wear more subtle makeup on a daily basis. 

The two shades I didn't purchase for myself were Sleek and Spice (warm reddish brown) and Caramel Cool (orange gold), because I think they're too warm for me.  I did grab them for a makeup group friend though.

 Shadow swatched on bare skin, first 3 photos taken inside, no flash. 




This photo was taken outside, no flash


Pure Nude is a gorgeous soft vanilla nude shimmer.  I can see reaching for this one every day.

Beige-ing Beauty looks kind of golden yellow peachy shimmer on me, not what I'd call beige.  I'll have to wear this one before making any decision.  These also make a great base for powder / mineral shadow, so it definitely won't go to waste if I decide it's not quite right for me.

Nude Compliment is a light to mid brown shimmer, the word gingerbread springs to mind on this one.  It's another one I'll wear daily.

Stroke of Midnight is a black with blueish sparkly shimmer.  These are all buildable and this one will look great applied heavier.

Again, I really hope these are not limited editions.  I've been very pleased overall with the Color Tattoos, and these colors are definitely ones I'd buy again, if I can manage to find them.  I hope you've found the photos helpful, and thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm I wasn't interested before but now I kinda want Pure Nude... Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good basic shades, great as a base or for pairing up with something brighter.

      Delete
  2. I like Beige-ing Beauty. You're right when you say they need to make these permanent. Maybelline, are you listening? :P

    ReplyDelete