Thursday, December 12, 2013

LORAC Rockin' Red Hot Lip Gloss Collection Swatches

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the product shown.

I picked up the LORAC Rockin' Red Hot Lip Gloss Collection at Kohl's for $27 the other day.  Kohl's coupons don't apply to this brand,  but I was mesmerized by the purple gloss and had to buy it.

Image courtesy Sephora.com

Swatched on bare skin.  Photo taken by the window, no flash, kind of overcast.



Here's the color descriptions on Sephora.com, my thoughts in parenthesis:

Rock n' Roll is pink nude (with subtle multi shimmer)
You Rock is plum (more a deeper dusty pink, subtle multi shimmer)
Rock On is rose (with subtle multi shimmer)
Rock Star is an exclusive violet shade (I see a pale lilac, no shimmer)
Easy Rock is fuchsia (I see cotton candy pink, no shimmer)
Rock It is coral (a warmer coral pink, more distinct multi shimmer than the others)

4 of the shades - Rock n' Roll, You Rock, Rock On, Rock It - seem as if the color is completely blended into the gloss base, it's solid.  The other two, Rock Star and Easy Rock, are much more sheer and when I hold the tubes up to the light and remove the lid with attached brush applicator, it almost seems as if the color is not completely part of the gloss.... it seems like there's blobs of color within the tube that aren't fully mixed in.  I realize I'm not accurately describing this, but suffice to say I'm disappointed with both of them.  I bought the set because I loved the way the two shades looked in the box, so how's that for irony?  Oh well, just goes to show that sometimes you're happier with shades you don't think much of, and the ones you look forward to don't live up to your expectations.

I hope you've found the swatches helpful, and thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. I rescind my threat to come to your home and steal the purple gloss!

    What a shame the ones you wanted the most were so disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a disappointment.....but I am happy with the shades I didn't think I'd like!

      Delete
  2. What a shame - purples are so finicky!

    ReplyDelete