Monday, October 21, 2013

Melt Cosmetics Belladonna 2, 6six6, By Starlight Swatches

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the product.

I purchased three shades from Melt Cosmetics, Belladonna 2, 6six6, and By Starlight.  I do like the formula, they seem to go on fairly nice, creamy, slightly dry but not nearly as much as others I own.   These were $19 plus shipping.

I realized I hadn't done swatches of these and did the fastest ever, in the 20 minutes I had while waiting for the bus, and in the front yard.  At least it was sunny out.


First, the arm swatch, applied on bare skin, photos taken outside, no flash.



and now some lip swatches.  I suck at lip swatches, I think mainly because I can't seem to apply my lipstick properly.  I feel like if I apply it to the edge of my lipline, it looks as if I've colored outside the line, so I usually screw up and miss half my lip.  One of these days I'll get it right.....



Belladonna 2 is  "Belladonna's long lost little sister. She's bluer. She's ultra electric. She's the prettiest pinky-red you'll ever put your lips on."  I got hooked by the "she's bluer" and felt maybe it would be similar to MAC's RiRi Woo.  It looks ok in the pic, but in person, I'm really not too happy with it.  I am NOT a bright pink lipstick fan, and far too hot pink with a hint of red on me.  I wish I'd skipped this shade and bought a different one.




6six6 is my favorite of the three, and although this shade isn't what initally made me look at the Melt site, when I saw their swatch I knew I had to have it.  It's gorgeous.  It's the deep red shade that I love and can never get enough of. 



By Starlight - I do like the color, but this does not look like Melt's official swatch.  I'd been warned that it was lighter, but frankly, it's way off.  The swatch on their site is a gorgeous deep purple, this is what I'd call orchid or lavender.  Don't get me wrong, I do like it, but I want the shade they have in their swatch.  I'll add a matte black lipstick under it or black gloss over it to darken.  I'm just disappointed.

All in all, completely in love with 6six6, ok with By Starlight, not happy with Belladonna 2.

Hope you've found the pictures helpful, and thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Are you interested in selling Belladonna 2 since you didn't like it? I'd really like to purchase it. Let me know, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, it's long gone. I gave it to a friend not long after purchasing it.

      Delete