Thursday, October 3, 2013

Estee Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal Eyeliner - 3 shades

I received a free sample set of three eyeliners from a friend in a makeup group.  Shades included are: Blackened Black, Blackened Cocoa, and Blackened Plum.  I normally wear gel liner, but on days when I have on minimal makeup or am just hanging about the house, I'll throw on a little pencil liner, since it's quick and easy.

Here's some quick photos, taken inside, no flash.  The first the sun was coming in nice & strong.   The liner was simply drawn on my bare arm, so these are far from the neatest swatches.


the next was still nice and sunny but not as bright


and a quick one outside, indirect light

Couldn't get an outside direct sun picture since my camera has some "exposure compensation" feature which means when I try to take a picture in direct light, it comes out all dark and weird.  I've fiddled with the setting but then the colors don't look like they do in person. 

Anyway, I've worn each of these and am very happy to report that the plum shade doesn't seem to bother my eyes.  I've had reactions to purple liners in the past, mainly gel and liquid, but this seems to be ok.  I make sure to remove every speck before bed, just to be on the safe side, because I've learned that leaving even the tiniest amount (if I'm in a hurry & do a quick makeup wash) means my eyes will be irritated by morning.  So this is good, because I do like purple liner.

Hope you've found the photos helpful, and thanks for looking.















No comments:

Post a Comment