Friday, October 4, 2013

Coloured Raine lipstick swatches - Boudoir and Arabian Night

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the product shown.

I ordered two lipsticks from  Coloured Raine Cosmetics  a few months ago after seeing a swatch of one of their shades.  They have a lipstick color guide on their site, which I find very helpful.  Boudoir is described as a 'Cranberry Plum' shade, while Arabian Night is a 'Deep Purple.'  I favor these dark shades over bright or light ones.

Boudoir goes on creamy, nice and smooth.  Arabian Nights isn't as smooth, but still pretty good.  Purple lipsticks often have this issue, so not a big deal for me.  I simply apply it using two light coats to make sure it's as even as possible.

Lipstick was swatched on bare skin. First picture is inside, no flash, bright sun coming in the window.


Next is with regular sunlight coming through the window, no flash.


Last is outside, indirect sunlight, no flash.




I hope you've found these swatches helpful, and thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Surprised at the finish, I would have thought from the website they'd all be matte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too - but I'm happy they're not!

      Delete
  2. Arabian Night looks beautiful!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting impatiently for AN to be restocked on the website. :)

    ReplyDelete