Friday, September 20, 2013

My Own Color Match - with help!

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the products.

A few days before I went for my first Sephora color match, I'd received the Performance Colors foundation samples I'd ordered.  Phyrra had mentioned the Snowie shade and after reading her review, I knew I had to give it a try.  I was becoming disheartened with the Illamasqua Skin Base, as much as I loved it by the end of the day it was starting to separate around my nose and cheeks, which is not good.  So it was good timing, since I swore I wouldn't keep buying new foundations!

No swatches here today, just the pictures I took wearing it the first day.  I figured it was good to post them after showing you the two color matches I'd had done at Sephora.  This is what I had in mind when I went to Sephora, a foundation that matched me, wasn't obvious, yet still helped conceal my rosacea.

Right side, outside no flash, overcast day.


 I look silly with my hair pulled up but I wanted to make sure you could see my neck & shoulders clearly without hair getting in the way.  I think this match is seamless.


 
Left side, outside no flash.  This side of my face is always redder than the right.


Outside with flash.  Using the flash always makes me look more colorful, but also gives me a strange shiny glow on parts of my skin, like my cheekbone and nose.  Even part of my chest looks kinda yellow and shiny.  It could be my sunscreen but I didn't have any on my chest for these pics.  I'm not sure why this is, I guess it's just a not so great camera.  My old camera didn't have this issue.  I'd use that one again but my son has commandeered it.



Anyway, this is Performance Colors Light and Smooth Foundation in Snowie.  It's a neutral shade.  I also ordered samples of Neutral Fair and Cool Fair, and have worn both on my cheeks under the Snowie.  They do have concealer but I just used the foundation.   There's a new shade called Chalk which I've ordered, so I'll swatch that along with the others when it arrives.

I'm also wearing pink cream blush, although I forget which one.  I've worn the new Coral blush with this foundation once, but was quite pleased with it. 

So as many times as I keep telling myself not to get too excited over this foundation, I think it's ok to let myself be happy and say it's my new HG foundation!

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO MUCH for these swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoyed it. Did you see the 4 shades compared in the other post? http://cinseven13.blogspot.com/2013/09/performance-colors-foundation-swatches.html

      Delete