Thursday, June 27, 2013

Recolor with Manic Panic Ultra Violet and Purple Haze

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the products shown.

I received two compliments from strangers on my blue hair - which was nice, but it's purple!  I figured this meant I'd better add something to the Ultra Violet to make it a bit less blueish.  Sally's had Manic Panic on sale - $2 off - plus I had a 15% off entire purchase coupon, so I stopped and picked up Purple Haze, as well as a few other supplies.  I must say I'm impressed with the sales associates at my local Sally's; the two young ladies that are usually there are friendly and knowledgeable.

I did a 50/50 mix of Ultra Violet and Purple Haze.  I sectioned my hair, brushed it in, used the hair dryer on it for about 10 minutes (I really need to buy a bonnet type dryer) and then let it sit for a couple of hours, to freshen up the color. 

These pics were taken the next day, outside, no flash.   The first two are of the left side of my head, first picture in the sun and the second in the shade.

 photo 838b2dd4-0db4-4dc5-991d-26105f1a07d1.jpg

 photo 56d11692-31ec-4b32-b2e3-bdca44a31598.jpg

Next two are the right side, first photo in the sun, second in the shade.

 photo 49eb5bbf-05ab-4a6f-bd27-f0ce95ac16af.jpg

 photo 1aa193fb-2b53-45de-b865-019a35a56b68.jpg

It's really easy to throw a little color on now that I've stopped trying to do nice neat highlights.  I part it in the center, then make additional parts about halfway between the center and where a side part would be, and that's the hair that I purple-ize.  If I pull my hair back & twist it into a jaw clip,  it looks like it's just a stripe right down the center.

I still love Pravana Chromasilk Vivids, but the Manic Panic, even though it fades like crazy and means more frequent recolors, gives me more options.  I've even looked at some other colors and found myself thinking about them!

Thanks for looking.

1 comment: