Friday, May 24, 2013

Color Tattoo - Precious Pearl, Waves of White, Lavish Lavender Swatches

Nothing to disclose, I purchased the products shown.

 I wasn't too sure whether I was going to pick up any of the light summery shades from the Summer 2013 collection. This includes Precious Pearl, Waves of White, Icy Mint, Sandy Shores, Seashore Frost, Blue Paradise, Cool Crush, and Lavish Lavender - and I only mention them because so many of us found only one or two of these in the displays within a day or two of hearing of them. They're not on Maybelline's website, which I find sort of odd.

 Shadows are swatched on bare skin using a wet/dry brush. Photos taken inside, no flash.  photo 7e9381b3-daeb-4c0d-84e3-9421ac657be9.jpg

Close ups


 photo 940f158c-43ef-4376-9f28-975e0f5c6a36.jpg  

Precious Pearl is much more pinkish white on me, but it doesn't really photograph well on my skin - I think partly because my arm is all red again. Silly me, trying to take advantage of a few hours of sunlight and do a bunch of swatches! When I wash product off my arm (using mild soap), it gets all red and blotchy looking. I haven't been using tape to make nice clean edges because that always gets red. But it is a really nice shade!

 photo ca4ba75f-8afe-4d8a-9a7d-5e5cd0304904.jpg  

Waves of White has a lot of blue/green shimmer to it. Some ladies in a makeup group said it had a lot of pink in it, but it doesn't on my skin. I had to move my arm to get a tiny hint of pink along the edge. It's a bit too blue/green for my taste, since you all know how limited I am in my shades.

 photo 56af6b71-7091-40b5-b1af-f2ca3044f681.jpg  

Lavish Lavender is a greyish lavender. I had also purchased the L'oreal Infallible purple shade With a Twist, and by comparison it's much darker and a more heather-ed purple. With a Twist is much brighter, with more blue to it.

  photo fe578303-4e5c-4374-9f37-b8276bb19d13.jpg

I hope you've found the swatches helpful, and thanks for looking!

2 comments: