Friday, January 18, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Inked in Pink, Too Cool, & Barely Branded Swatches


Inked in Pink and Barely Branded are part of the new Metal collection.  Silver Strike, Gold Rush, and Electric Blue are the other three shades, shown in the photo below (courtesy Maybelline.com)

Screenshot2013-01-18at102819AM

Too Cool is part of the original Color Tattoo collection, although it's no longer on Maybelline's website.  Has it been discontinued?  I have no idea, sorry!

All photos taken inside, no flash
DSCN0581

DSCN0582
 
DSCN0583

DSCN0568

DSCN0565

DSCN0562

Inked in Pink is a shimmery warm pink.  This would be a bit too warm for me to wear alone, but a cooler pink patted over it makes it work fine.

DSCN0563

Too Cool is a shimmery, cool white, and works great alone or as a base.

DSCN0564

Barely Branded - I'm a bit let down by this one.  In all but the picture directly above, it appears to be a barely there nude shade, super light beige, but in person, and as you can see in this close up, it's much more golden/yellow on me.  My skin is very pink though, so if you're warm or neutral this shouldn't be a problem.  These make good bases, so it won't go to waste though!

DSCN0575

You can find these in the usual places, prices range from $5.99 to $6.99.   I didn't buy these, a friend gave them to me.  I had purchased Too Cool last January, but it's about gone, so it was nice to get a free replacement plus the two new shades.

Hope you've found the swatches helpful, and thanks for looking.


1 comment: