Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons - top row swatches

I purchased Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons palette at Sephora, $42.  12 shadows, a Shadow Insurance in Candlelight, Lashgasm mascara, and instruction card come with this palette.


DSC09476

DSC09481


The top row shades are first - I started swatching these yesterday using Evil Shades primer, but with a different brush than I usually use, which left me with shadow crumbs.  As I was taking photos of the individual shades, the sun faded and I couldn't get usable pics.

I started over this morning using the Candlelight (gold shimmer) primer.  I've never used the Candlelight before, only the regular TFSI, and I wasn't happy with the primer being so obvious on my arm.  I think it distracts from the shadow itself, so I've included two of yesterday's pics using the Evil Shades primer.  Sorry if this is confusing, but I think it's important to see the shadows on their own.


DSC09477

DSC09532-1

a "down the arm" shot, where you can see how distracting the Candlelight primer is on my skin.

DSC09533-1

close ups with the Candlelight primer
DSC09535

Vanilla - matte bone

DSC09536

Cut the Cake -heathered mist

DSC09537

Framboise - Too Faced has no color description for this shade, but it's a medium/dark purple shade with multi shimmer

DSC09538

Coffee Bean - matte coffee

DSC09534-1

DSC09539

Here's the Evil Shades primer - you can focus on the shadow and not the primer.  I didn't use my usual brush and got shadow crumbs, which is a reflection on the brush and not the primer.

DSC09492

DSC09498

I really like these first four shades, although will definitely use them without the Candlelight primer.   Swatches of the other shades will follow.

I hope you've found the pictures helpful, and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment