Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Attitude Quad Swatches

You're probably sick of hearing this, but it's 12/12/12, so I've scheduled this to post at 12:12 just to be silly.

I purchased Revlon's Colorstay Quad in #545 Attitude for $5.97 the other day.   The shadow is supposed to be "16 hour" shadow, but I can't say whether that's true or not, since I've only left it on for less than 10 hours each time I've worn it.   But no fading or creasing, which could well be due to using a good primer or base underneath.

DSCN0047-1

The shadows were applied with a dry brush over Tick:Tock Cosmetics Prime of the Times primer, which is a multi purpose primer for eyes, face, or lips.  It's slightly milkish white in the container but goes on clear.  Pics were taken inside, no flash.

DSCN0050


DSCN0051

DSCN0052

DSCN0053

Shade 1 (browbone shade) is a soft shimmery baby pink

DSCN0054

Shade 2 (lid) is a shimmery taupe, much nicer in person than in the close up.


DSCN0055

Shade 3 (crease and/or vee) is a pearlescent chocolate brown

DSCN0056

Shade 4 (crease) is a not quite matte dark brown, it's not "flat" but not quite the finish of the #3 shade.  You can also see a bit of the clear T:TC primer in this photo, just above the shadow swatch, where it looks sort of damp.  I hope that makes sense.  

I've worn these shades a couple of times and am quite pleased with the colors, although I do favor shade 4 and usually skip shade 3, rarely wearing two shades in the crease area.  They're great neutrals with just enough shimmer to keep them from being plain.   Well worth the $6 and great to toss in your purse for a fast touch up if needed.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you've found the swatches helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment