Sunday, November 11, 2012

Power Restored

Eleven days of no power, twelve days of no internet/phones. Our power was restored by the fantastically hard working - and good looking! - linemen from Georgia Power on Friday night around 5:20pm. They also got the internet lines back up on Saturday in the early evening as well. Yes, we have a generator, so we had heat and water, and in the spring we plan to upgrade to a whole house propane run generator. The out of state crews in the area expressed surprise at the poorly maintained equipment, but I guess we're all just used to it. I have a few pics that I'll share with you as soon as I get caught up on all my household duties. The laundry is done, as well as thorough cleanings of the bedrooms and bathrooms, and general cleaning of the kitchen, living room, and dining room is done. I'll go over them with a fine tooth comb in the next few days. It's just nice to get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment