Friday, October 19, 2012

Halloween Tree

If you don't already have one, you need a Halloween tree.  While my current tree is only 4' tall, there are so many options out there; check out Treetopia.com for all kinds of great trees!  They have a big sale going on right now too, so it's worth checking out.

This small tree is prelit with white lights, but I don't use them.  I hang a string or either purple or orange lights on it instead.  I have lots of lovely ornaments, including little broomsticks, sparkly glass balls, skeleton garland, and an assortment of small bats and ghosts.  Michael's Crafts has a nice assortment of items you can use as ornaments, or simply make your own.

This year we kept it very simple, not knowing how our cat Thursday would react to the tree.  Although we adopted her last year in mid December, she was a bit shy and hung out in the basement until after we took our regular Christmas tree down.  I skipped the garland and just used some ribbon, which she promptly pulled down.  The shatterproof balls are always being knocked down and batted around too.

She's quick, and camera shy, so I had to sneak in a few pictures while she was focused on the tree.

DSC08811

She usually hides behind the tree and pokes her head through the opening in the front.

DSC08813

DSC08814

Uh oh, I think I've been spotted
DSC08815

Run!
DSC08812

This 4' tree is available at WalMart - not all stores carry it, but you can order it from their website and use the "ship to store" option.  There was also a black 6' tree at a WalMart not far from me.

I'd really like to get the 6' Pitch Black Pine Tree from Treetopia so I could hang all my Halloween ornaments on it, but I have no where to store it the rest of the year.  I suppose I could leave it up all year - but I'd probably spend half my day keeping the cats out of it.  We have a regular green tree for Christmas, but a black one would really make my Christmas ornaments stand out.....someday I'll convince hubby on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment