Monday, October 22, 2012

Evil Shades Morbidly Beautiful Swatches

My Evil Shades order arrived in a handpainted, sparkly wooden coffin.

DSC08709

DSC08710

Photos taken inside, no flash.  I usually take outside pics, but with the cooler months and fewer hours of sunlight approaching, I'm trying to practice taking indoor shots.  The sunlight comes in quite nicely through the dining room during the morning hours, and I don't have to stand outside in the cold dodging woodpeckers trying to get to the suet cakes.

All shadows and glitter applied on bare skin with dampened wet/dry brush.  Gloss applied with dry brush.

DSC08738

DSC08746


one of those "down the arm" shots so you can see the sparkle
DSC08747

Close ups with Evil Shades descriptions

DSC08739

Death Wish -  ominous blackened emerald with silvery blue shimer and gold, violet, and blue flecks

DSC08740

Hell Fire - nefarious black base with luminous yellow shimmer and red/orange flecks

DSC08741

Dancing with Death - shrouded black base set afire with pink, teal, green, blue, and purple sparkle

DSC08742

Death - black base with deep blue toned violet hovering over the darkness and magenta shimmer

DSC08743

Death Song - foreboding darkest night black with an eruption of metallic pink sparkle

DSC08744

Date with Death - glitter loaded with black holographic ploy glitter accented with silver, pink, red, magenta, and teal all with light base to help this sparkling devil adhere.


 DSC08745

Sweet Kiss of Death gloss - moisturizing opaque black base with a spectrum of colored flecks ascending into the depths. (lightly flavored with sweet coffee scent)

I've heard a lot of people wonder why on earth anyone would want a black gloss?  Well, baby bats do tend to like wearing it straight, but most of the people I know add it on top of another product to darken the color.  It works wonderfully when you have a shade you like but it's not quite right!

I took this picture in the kitchen, but I think it's a bit too bright with the sun streaming in, so I guess I'll stick with the dining room instead.

DSC08712


I hope you've found the pictures helpful, and thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've only done the arm swatch & haven't worn it on my lips yet, but applying it with the dry brush, I was surprised how even it was. Most black glosses take a few coats to make them look black, this didn't. The shimmer comes through nicely without being overkill.

      Delete