Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wednesday

I know, it's Thursday.   I'd been having trouble breathing Monday and Tuesday.  The easiest way to describe it is I felt like I was standing in a sauna, and even though I could breathe, it felt like not enough air was getting into my lungs.  The air felt warm, heavy.  If I took a deep breath through my mouth it felt like I was getting a small amount of air.   I had trouble sleeping Tuesday night, so Wednesday morning I called my primary care physician.  They had me come down an hour later.

The doctor listened to my lungs and apparently did not like what she heard.  She had a nurse come in with a nebulizer and start a breathing treatment.  It did help a bit, but the medicine made me feel lightheaded, and made my hands shake.  The doctor listened to my lungs again, and prescribed an inhaler (ProAir HFA 90 mcg, albuterol sulfate)for what we're assuming is allergy induced asthma.  She gave me strict instructions that if I'm not 100% by mid October (first frost) that I need to go back for additional tests.

The two puffs on the inhaler that I took before bed got me through the night, and although I really don't like taking medication, I don't feel as I have much of a choice right now.  I'm not sure what is making my allergies go so crazy the last few days.   There's been a lot of rain so I'm thinking that made the leaves & mold spores go haywire.  I don't consider myself to have bad allergies, usually 2-3 weeks in the spring and 2-3 weeks again in the fall and I'm all clogged up, itchy eyes, loads of sinus pressure.  I'm also hoping that this does not become an annual issue for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment