Monday, September 17, 2012

Mid September

A few quick pics from Friday after work, complete with messy hair that's past due for a touch up. I have an appt scheduled for later this week to take care of that.

DSC08048

DSC08046

Face
L'oreal Studio Secrets color correcting primer in Pink under eyes
Illamasqua Skin Base #2 applied with UD Good Karma brush
Illamasqua Sob cream blush on upper cheekbones

Eyes
Evil Shades primer in Nude
BFtE Shadows on lid
BFtE Gentle on lid and crease
BFtE Forget them Not on browbone
Brazen Dita in brows
L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Carbon Black


Lips
Fyrinnae Coffin Velvet, blotted
Fyrinnae Shangri La over that

I'm wearing my Folter Clothing Night Owl dress - the photo is a little blurry but you can see the top of the dress. I added the polka dot fabric straps, which match the polka dot belt you can't see in the pic, to hide my own bra straps. Sorry, I don't trust strapless bras - or my coworkers. Since my dress was quite colorful (for me) and an interesting print, I opted for very subdued makeup.

DSC08032


My rosacea has improved since my dermatologist switched me to a stronger cream a few months ago, but I don't feel it's good enough for a light foundation or regular layer of beauty balm type base. The UD Good Karma brush allows me to build two light layers, the second dotted over the problem areas, without looking cakey. When I used a non latex sponge to do this, it didn't work nearly as well, and even with careful blending didn't do as good a job. The brush works far better and I don't have to go crazy trying to blend.

I'll try to remember to take a pic after my trim and recolor later this week. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Your owl-dress is super cute! I think you did a good job on the polka-dot straps, they work well with it. Your make-up looks good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete