Friday, August 31, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Rich Mahagony and L'oreal Infallible Continuous Cocoa swatches

I bought these two shades a day apart and though it would be nice to swatch them together. Both of these work well alone or with a mineral shadow over them. I've included swatches of each with Brazen's Mischief. There's also a swatch of Mischief on its own for reference.

DSC07621

DSC07622

DSC07623

Rich Mahogany is a limited edition, Fall 2012 shade. There's 3 others, Mossy Green, Barely Beige, and Gold Shimmer. I'd have picked up Barely Beige but that was all gone :(

DSC07624


Here's a closeup of Continuous Cocoa.
DSC07593


The creamy shades were both applied with a dry wet/dry brush. The Color Tattoo shades, IMO, are creamier and apply much smoother. The Infallible Shadows seem to flake a little (only a little), you might get some stray crumbs. I added Mischief over the shades with a dry tapered brush, and the swatch of Mischief alone was applied with a dampened wet/dry brush.

DSC07628

DSC07627

There's little bits of reddish / gold sparkle in Rich Mahogany. I wasn't really expecting that, but it looks really nice! See how Mischief really sparkles over it in the background.

DSC07631

DSC07632

Continuous Cocoa is a much darker shade, sort of like Raw Umber from the Crayola box. It's got a hint of shimmer in there too. Once again you can see Mischief sparkling in the background over the Continuous Cocoa.

DSC07633

But when it's the focus of the pic, Mischief doesn't want to cooperate. See it by itself sparking in the background again?

DSC07634

DSC07635

This last photo was taken inside, no flash.

DSC07637

I wore Continuous Cocoa with Mischief over it today and really liked the way it looked. When I first swatched Rich Mahogany I wasn't sure, but it's definitely growing on me. Now I've just got to keep my eyes open for that Barely Beige.

Hope you've found the swatches helpful, and thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I wore Rich Mahogany and it's a bit too warm for me, so I'm passing it on to a warm friend!

      Delete
  2. I like the look of Rich Mahogany. I probably wouldn't pick it up in the store but after seeing your swatch I think I want it. :)

    ReplyDelete