Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wild Wednesday

Last year ago I threw a handful of black eyed susan seeds in a small patch in the backyard, along the house, thinking maybe a few would do something. I really wanted to plant something to help hide the box thing that's there, which is where the generator is kept. The seeds took, and grew. I'm 5'7" and they're over my head if I stand on the wall.

DSC06583

DSC06582

DSC06584

DSC06585

We had an old concrete patio torn up 2 years ago and replaced with pavers, and had a small retaining wall built due to the slope of the lawn. There's loads of wild strawberries there, in between the black eyed susans. The area really needs weeding, but if you saw the size of the wolf spiders living in the plants, you'd run.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Your flowers are awesome. Wolf spiders? Not so much. I'd let the weeds grow too. Gives me the chills just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the flowers, but ICKY spiders.

    ReplyDelete