Monday, July 23, 2012

Shea Moisture Shave for Women Coconut & Hibiscus Shave Butter Creme

On a whim, I picked this up at Target. $5.99 for 6 oz. It's not on their website, not sure if all the stores carry it or just some.

DSC06669

DSC06670


I shave daily. Depilatory creams make my legs swell up and burn (even the sensitive skin formulas), so they're out. I don't like getting my legs or underarms waxed. So I stick with shaving.

I haven't used shaving cream or gel in years. I switched to shaving soap. I wasn't keen on the idea at first, but quickly grew to like it and definitely enjoy all the money I'm saving by NOT buying shaving gel. I use a Gillette Mach 3 razor, just change my blade every so often.

The directions say: "gently lather creme in hands. Apply thin layer to wet or dry skin. Hold skin taut and gently glide razor over surface. Avoid applying pressure, rinse your blade often, and shave with the grain. Don't expect a lot of foam but do expect a moisturizingly close shave. "

This product doesn't foam, but most shaving soaps don't provide a super lathery foam, even with the shaving brush. If you're used to shaving soaps it's not a big deal. But it is thick and will clog up your razor if you don't rinse it every couple of strokes.

DSC06671

The label on the box also states "SheaMoisture Shave's healing regimen of organic products naturally addressing ingrown hairs, razor bumps, razor burn and dark spots while providing a rich and luxuriously close shaving or waxing experience."

I guess that means you can use it before you wax? Not sure, but I haven't tried it. I only wax my brows. Here's the back of the box so you can see the ingredients.

DSC06667

Note the pink bunny on the box :)

I've used the creme for 4 days and I notice a difference. My underarms feel smoother at the end of the night, whereas with shaving soap I do get razor bumps. They definitely feel more smooth, a better shave than with the shaving soap. My legs feel really smooth. I always nick my knees while shaving but haven't with the creme.

The smell. Hmmm. I can't really describe it. It's a mix of coconut, shea, and the hibiscus scent, strong but not unpleasant. The scent really doesn't seem to stay on my skin, but I wouldn't expect a shaving gel scent to stay on me, so it's fine.

So far, I like it. If I can continue having nick free knees, it'll be a keeper!

1 comment:

  1. I love the ingredient list! Sounds like a great product.

    ReplyDelete