Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Meow Cosmetics 4 Caribbean Escape & 2 Summer Spirits swatches

I ordered a few of the Caribbean Escape shades, and received two of the new Summer Spirits. All shadows swatched with a dampened wet/dry brush on bare skin.

DSC06603

DSC06605

this pic inside no flash
DSC06602

Closeups, plus Meow's descriptions.
DSC06608

mystical pale pink with an iridescent undertone and a hint of coral

DSC06609

as mysterious as its name this neutral beige/taupe shines with gold lustre

DSC06611

beige but not boring - this neutral shines with a pearlized finish and a dash of purple undertone.
cin's note: this color really is much prettier in person, it's hard to get a good picture. As soon as I swatched it on my arm, I was mesmerized by it. The center of the swatch looks a little different, I think I applied it a little heavy and it was still damp. The dried area looks much more sparkly!

DSC06612

sophisticated soft fawn with satiny metallic gold finish

The two Summer Spirits shades
DSC06635

bright sky blue with soft teal undertone and silver sheen with light pearl finish

DSC06614

pearlized purple with pink iridescence

I had to re-take the Blue Hawaiian close up this morning, hence the different light. The sun was on the other side of the house and I couldn't seem to get a decent picture without a shadow. Yesterday's pic was really blurry and I didn't think it was fair to that shade. I'm NOT a blue girl, but I know plenty who are. If you like blues/teals/aquas, you need this shade. The swatch on Meow's website is less vibrant than it really is.

Thanks for looking, and hope you've found the swatches helpful.

2 comments:

  1. Spiked is great! Blue Hawaiian looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can easily see you wearing both shades!

      I thought it was really nice of Meow to send 2 free samples from a brand new collection.

      Delete