Thursday, May 24, 2012

Makeup Addiction and Burnout, Part 6 - the spares

I've been working on the three drawer organizer with all my spares.



I've been going through the "working on it" drawer since I did a binder destash in early April. I'll wear the corresponding sample so I don't have to open any of these full sizes. I try to wear one or two shades each day and make a decision. Sometimes I know right away, other times I'll decide at the end of the day.

Here's the sell pile - 65!
DSC05623

Here's the "I'm still working on it" pile - 32
DSC05627

Several of these shades look quite similar, but these are all different shades. Or at least they have different names, anyway.

And here's the keep pile, 89, but there's multiple jars of the same shades.
DSC05628

I should have all the "working on it" shades finished by the end of the month. Then I'll go through the keep pile again and keep whittling away. I don't have any particular number in mind, but would like to get it down so all my shadows fit in one drawer. Then I'll likely pour any full sizes in baggies to go into the binder for space purposes, but that's not set in stone either.

Thanks for looking!  Part 7 is here.

4 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job. It is a process, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it's definitely taking more time than I thought it would.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! I don't think I could do it, although I do have some AL colors I tested, which didn't work for me, that will go on my blog sale when I'm all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all colors that I like, which is why it's taking so long. I'm pushing myself to get this finished.

      Delete