Thursday, March 1, 2012

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow - Endless Pearl & Eternal Black

I bought these two L'oreal Infallible shadows before my no buy started. I like the purple shades - Perpetual Purple in the USA and Purple Obsession and Burning Black shown on lorealparis.au. Hey, can the USA get those shades please? I thought I'd start with two and see if I liked them before buying a bunch. These are in the $5-$7 range.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

with flash - sun was setting quickly
Photobucket



These are a powder-cream texture. What? They're sort of in between, more cream like upon application. I use a wet/dry shadow brush to apply. The shadow feels creamy when I slide the brush across the top of the container, and goes on mostly cream, but with the occasional bit of fallout if there's too much on the brush.

Both these shades lasted at least 10 hours for me, with minimal creasing. They seemed to hold up slightly better than the Maybelline Color Tattoo shades did. I've used them both with a primer and without, doesn't seem to be any real difference.

The Endless Pearl is an ivory shade, more yellow ivory than white ivory on me. The Eternal Black is a multicolored shimmery black, I was surprised that the glittery pieces went on smoothly and didn't seem to disappear while blending. I didn't need a lot of product either, a small amount and it was obviously black. (Blacks often look more grey or even blue-ish on me)

I wore Endless Pearl all over (lid & highlight) and used Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe as a crease shade, and the combo worked well. The Color Tattoo lasted a little longer with the Infallible under it. It was simple to blend in both creamy shades. Not the most exciting color combo but I wanted to mix the two & see how they worked together.

Photobucket

The shadows have a small plastic tamper to help prevent shadow from drying out. I'd guess lots of ladies thought it was packing material and tossed it.

I liked these, they lasted well and stayed vibrant. Now can I get those other two purples please?

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I really, really want Eternal Black!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the shades I have :) They're nice! Glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite pleased with them, and when my no buy ends, I'll pick up the purple. I wish the other two purples were available in the US though :(

    ReplyDelete