Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Illamasqua Skin Base 02 and Cream Foundation CF110 & CF115 swatches

I was excited when Illamasqua announced their Skin Base last year. It's been out a while now, so I'm not going to go into great detail about it. This is more to show you swatches so you can see the shade.

I'm a big Illamasqua foundation fan. I can easily wear two different shades, the 105/110 (white with pink undertones) and 115 (very light skin with neutral undertones). I prefer the cream formula, which gives me great coverage without feeling greasy. When Skin Base was released, Illamasqua had a chart on their website to show which shade would work based on your current shade. It's gone now :( I went with shade 02, figuring the white 01 might be too light for normal use. I might get it when I run out of other Illamasqua items and need to place an order.

The Skin Base formula provides sheer coverage, lightweight, and not at all greasy. It is buildable, but I'm not one for sitting around waiting to apply layer after layer when I can easily use the cream formula and get great coverage with one layer. I'll have to try it one day when I don't have to be out the door 10 minutes after I wake up.

For those of you who like using tinted moisturizers, need only minimal coverage, or only a bit of evening out your skintone, this is a great option. It lasts all day - my "all day" is anywhere from 8 to 12 hours, and it looked great by the end of the night when I removed my makeup.


Without further ado, here's some swatches for you.
Photobucket

I swiped the blob down my arm using my fingertip
Photobucket

Then blended gently using a non latex sponge
Photobucket

I put the CF110 on heavier than the others or it wouldn't be noticeable by the time I got outside and snapped the picture.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Again, the CF110 was a heavy coat, but it's still not so easy to see in the picture

Photobucket

The Skin Base has also practically disappeared.

Photobucket

The CF115 is noticeable around the edges of the swatch, but not super obvious. It's slightly more yellow than my skin. When I wear this shade I apply it using the Illamasqua sponge that comes with the foundation, then blend further by using either a tapered or flat top facial brush (sorta like a kabuki).

Photobucket

If you need swatches of Light Liquid 115 or 120, I have them posted here.

Swatches of LF115 and Rich Liquid RF105 (white with pink undertones) are posted here.

Swatches of CF110, CF115, and CF120 are posted here.

I hope you've found the pictures helpful, and thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I am so thankful you posted a swatch of the lighter shade. I want to try Skin Base but I am so fair, and no one had swatched any of the fairest options. You and I have super similar skin tone so I have no doubt that 02 would be perfect for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it helpful. It's really a fantastic product!

      Delete