Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light

I was flipping channels one day last week and saw a few minutes of Tarte on QVC. This was the first time I've ordered from QVC and was surprised to discover the items I ordered were not available either at Sephora or from Tarte's website. I don't know how long QVC gets the exclusive on these items. QVC also has video clips of the products if you want to learn how to use them. Here's the page for the concealer, just click the "video" tab right above the item's picture.

Photobucket

My order arrived within a couple of days, but I've been sick and haven't done much lately. Here's the concealer.

Photobucket

It came with the brush, choice of Light, Fair, Tan, Medium, or Deep. I went with the Light, assuming that it wouldn't be the best shade for me but also assuming I could work with it. $24.50 plus the shipping.

I put a small amount of concealer on my arm
Photobucket

Photobucket

then used the brush to blend it
Photobucket

Photobucket

this pic is slightly blurry but the color looks most true to life on me
Photobucket

It is a little too dark on me, slightly too warm / peachy / beige / IDK. This shade would likely work on most fair skinned ladies, but those of us who are a shade lighter than fair know everyone else's idea of fair isn't quite ours.

It takes a bit of a squeeze to get it out of the tube, which worried me. I was afraid it wouldn't blend well, but it's a nice consistency and easily blendable using the brush. The maracuja oil doesn't feel greasy or oily on my skin, but keep in mind my skin is seriously dry, and after battling a cold for a week, I'm in hyperdry. Oily skinned ladies might want to seek out a sample before buying a whole tube.

I didn't use this for my undereye circles, because I need a pink concealer. I did use this on the apples of my cheeks, where my rosacea is the worst. Although it wasn't the right shade to really disappear into my skin, the darker, more-yellow-than-my-skin concealer did minimize the redness. I wouldn't be able to wear the concealer alone, but under foundation it worked fine. Very little product is needed, so this tube should last me a long time.

I normally use Illamasqua cream foundation on those very red areas, but am hoping the maracuja oil in this Tarte concealer will help with my dry skin. I guess time will tell.

All in all, a good product and worth it, even if the shade isn't quite a match.

3 comments:

  1. I have dry skin, too, so I might look into this concealer! It's good that you can still use it even though it wasn't a perfect match. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, if it's like that on you, it'll be faaar too dark on me! XD I need some concealer though. Great review, Cin. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, it does go on nice & creamy, blends really well. You only need the tiniest amount too.

    Kitty, if the comparison helps it reminds me of NARS Mont Blanc foundation, which looked like a bruise on my arm. It looks really odd on my cheeks but once I put my foundation over it, it does work to minimize redness. I can't wait around for someone to invent the "right" shade concealer - I need it now!

    ReplyDelete