Friday, January 27, 2012

Avon Matte Nail Enamel in Violetta

Here's the last of the Avon mattes that I bought as a BOGO, Violetta.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I did two coats of the Violetta, but you can see by the fourth picture I should've done a third coat. I didn't get it on very even because I was coughing like crazy, and still cotton swab-less to clean up the splatter.

This had some similarities to the Red Velvet - it had some shimmer, this time a pinkish/blue-violet shimmer. The finish wasn't really matte, but more satin. But this shade worked for me. I know, I know, you're all thinking it's because it's purple and I love purple. That's not it. This shade worked as a satin finish, whereas the Red Violet was just off. Violetta's shimmer was much more apparent when wet, but wasn't easily visible once it dried. It gave the shade some depth that it wouldn't have had without, whereas with the Red Velvet the shimmer just looked out of place with the finish. Does that make sense?

Even though I used two coats, it had slightly better staying power than the Red Velvet. It started to flake off the next afternoon. What's left of it is still on as I type this.

Brush - meh. Went on nice and creamy, a decent brush would go a long way for a more even application, but so would not coughing every 2 seconds. I'll use this polish again, definitely.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty ultraviolet shade! It looks so cool in the sunlight. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, it is really pretty in person. The more satin type finish works with the teeny bits of shimmer.

    Phyrra, thanks! Your nail posts have been inspiring me to get off my lazy butt & do my nails now and then.

    ReplyDelete