Thursday, January 26, 2012

Avon Matte Nail Enamel in Red Velvet

I purchased the other two matte Avon nail enamel shades as a BOGO.

Photobucket

The Red Velvet - look closely and you can see gold shimmer
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used three coats & took the pics on the 23rd, in between coughing fits. I didn't even have any cotton swabs to clean up all the splatter. It did peel off within a couple of hours, after doing some routine household cleaning.

It's got some teeny golden flecks in it, which are nice, and I guess it's to give it a little dimension or pizazz or whatever. It's supposed to be matte, but I'd use the word satin to describe it, not matte. A glossy sheer coat on top would probably help, since it looked really nice wet. Once it dried, not so much. It seems like during the manufacturing process, someone forgot to push that last button to add in the ingredient(s) to make it regular enamel with a glossier finish. It doesn't seem like it was meant to be matte. But with the flaking off issue, some sort of top coat or finishing coat really would be needed, so it kinda throws the whole matte out the window anyway, unless there's a matte top coat out there :0

Don't get me wrong, I love a good red polish, and prefer darker reds like this. I wanted to like it, but it's just not making me happy. I can't pinpoint what it is, but I will play around with it anyway.

Brush is the usual Avon brush, which I'm not a fan of. Polish went on nice & creamy, but overall I wouldn't buy this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment