Monday, September 12, 2011

Tarte for True Blood Limited Edition palette shadow swatches

I bought this a while back but just hadn't gotten around to getting swatches done and posted. I'm sure you've all seen this palette a million times before.... Ulta no longer has it on their website (I bought mine at Ulta) but Sephora still does, $52 with free shipping.

Ok, I'm going to bombard you with pics now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Here's Sephora's color descriptions, my thoughts italicized

The Light
- shimmering warm ivory
shimmery champagnish cream

Fairy - shimmering pink
shimmery barely there soft pink

Dusk - matte warm taupe
peachy/clay nude sort of shade

Dawn - shimmering gold dust
golden peach shimmer

Werewolf - matte chocolate
matte medium brown, but not flat

Waitress - sparkling pink champagne
sparkly coppery color (not so pink on me)


Nocturnal - sparkling deep indigo
black matte base with dark blue sparkle

Charmer - sparkling burnt copper
bronzy copper super shimmer

Glamour Me - sparkling deep plum
dark eggplant with slight shimmer

Stake - matte steel
matte medium grey

Bayou - shimmering golden tan
looks like melted gold, shimmery

Telepath - sparkling warm rose
dusty rose pink, shimmery

The True Death - sparkling silver
molten silver, super shimmery

Immortal - sparkling midnight black
matte black base with barely there silver sparkle

Moss - shimmering forest green
shimmery golden deep green

Legend - deep matte black
matte black

V - sparkling crimson
shimmery burgundy wine

The mascara is a nice black shade, and the liner is really dark black.

Legend is a matte black. Immortal was a bit disappointing. I can see the silver flecks in the pan, but they aren't so easy to see on my skin. Nocturnal is supposed to be indigo, but on me it looked like a black base with some blue sparkle in it. The blue sparkle was more noticeable than the silver in Immortal. Glamour Me is a dark eggplant, not black. But I can see how someone who isn't a fan of super dark shades might feel disappointed. I am a fan of black, so the more the merrier. But I wish there was a more pronounced difference in Legend, Nocturnal, and Immortal. Next time, more sparkle in them please, Tarte!

I do wear the Tarte for True blood cheek and lip tints on a regular basis. I hesitated on this collection because of the warmer shades and metallics, which I really don't wear. But I think I'll wear enough of the shades to justify buying it.

I hope you've found the pictures helpful, and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment