Thursday, September 8, 2011

Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes Contour Kit swatches

I picked up this Benefit kit at Ulta a few weeks ago, $32. Pardon the crumbs from my everything bagel on the table.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This kit contains - from left to right - a concealer / primer, base shadow, contour shade, and liner. There's also two small brushes, one for the shadow and one for the concealer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't see any "official" color descriptions, I suppose the names of the shade are the descriptions. I'll italicize my thoughts as usual.

Boi-ing 02 concealer - see below


Alabaster Pink base shadow
- a peachy pink shimmery shade


Cocoa Shimmer contour - peachy shimmer

Rich Chocolate Brown liner - dark matte brown

Boi-ing 02 - I am going to guess that this is their neutral shade that is great for many people.

I applied this with the "concealer" applicator included in the kit. It went on well, but I took pictures of the shades before blending it in. When I blended the concealer in, it did take a bit more rubbing than I'd normally do with my pinky finger, especially for delicate under eye skin. But this could well be that the product dried a bit in the time it took me to take the first few pictures with the concealer not blended. I would recommend blending it immediately, which I'm sure most of you would do anyway, and not a couple of minutes later.

The color - I didn't expect it to match my skin. It's likely an average concealer shade, and my skin is not only quite fair but also pink, so it did look quite peachy on me.

I hope this is making sense. I have a pounding sinus headache!

All in all, the shades are a bit too warm for my liking. I'm going to pass this along to a friend, who is anxious to get her hands on it.

I hope you've found the pictures helpful, and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment