Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Too Faced Matte Eye palette swatches

Here's the Too Faced Matte Eye palette swatches.

Photobucket

This did contain a sample of their Shadow Insurance. It did not have the little drawer underneath with a small brush, like the Naked Eye palette did. Which is fine since I don't plan to use the brush that Naked Eye came with, but will use the primer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The color names are generally good descriptions. It's not currently listed on Too Faced's website, but it is on Sephora's if you want their color descriptions. It's a Sephora exclusive, but I would think they'd still have it on their own site for reference, right? Well, here's my thoughts, although keep in mind I'm terrible at describing color.

Tufted Suede is a lovely soft tan
Chinchilla is a medium brown, kinda warmer
Coffee Bean is a deep chocolatey brown
Velveteen Bunny is an ivory cream
Pebbles looks blue in the pan (more so in person), but on me it was grey. Yay!
London Fog looks navy in the pan, but it's more a deep blackish blue on me. I'd wear this one too, although carefully. I'm just not a blue girl.
Fresh Linen is a soft pink
Vintage Violet is a gorgeous heathery violet
Midnight is a charcoal grey, not quite black

It also came with three little cards to show how to apply. But I don't know that I'd use the shades straight across, like the top row together, middle row together, bottom row together. I'd pair Fresh Linen with Chinchilla, and Velveteen Bunny with Vintage Violet. It's nice that they include these little cards though, for those who are new to makeup or unsure on where to put each shade. It's amazing how many women are hesitant about shadow.

I hope you've found the pictures helpful. Thanks for looking!

1 comment: