Monday, August 1, 2011

NYX Venus 10 palette swatches - top row (neutral/browns)

Here's some swatches of the top row of the NYX 10 palette shadow, collection Venus.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'd like to go through NYX's shadow shades and see if I can match up the shades in this palette to their single shadows, but I only have a handful and not in these shades. I did a quick google search to see if there were comparisons elsewhere but didn't see anything. Perhaps as my NYX single collection grows, I'll be able to. Hard to tell just by looking at the website if any are direct matches.

I've simply numbered them 1 through 10 to make it easy.

Shade 1 is a creamy vanilla. It's probably similar to single shades Nude or Pure Skin.
Shade 2 is a light to medium cinnamon brown
Shade 3 is a rosy taupe
Shade 4 is a milk chocolatey brown
Shade 5 is a soft black

I wore Shade 1 today and it was much more yellow toned on my lids than white, but keep in mind I'm quite pale / pink. I'm not normally a fan of anything yellowy but it looked interesting with my eyes, really brought out the green. I paired it with Number 3 in the crease, for a soft neutral look.

I'll have pics of the bottom row tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment