Monday, August 15, 2011

NYX single shadow swatches

I bought a handful of single shadows at Ulta a few weeks ago, 20% off. They're normally $4.99 for the singles and $6.99 for the Ultimate Pearl (the round one). I did order a second Ultimate Pearl in Purple Pearl, but it arrived broken. It's a pretty color, but I plan to exchange it next time I'm at the store, so I didn't want to open it to swatch.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't think there's much point in giving you color descriptions, because it's very difficult to see the shades (except for Deep Space). The Baby Pink Pearl on the far right shows up the best, and that was the "Ultimate Pearl" shadow, the others were all the regular singles.

I've purchased a trio and another palette and thought the shades were decent. Are the formulas different when they're single shadows? There's just nothing to these. The trio swatches are here and the 10 palette swatches are here and here. Yes, I know these are all light shades (except Deep Space) but NONE of them are very pigmented. I could pull out a dozen light pinks and nudes from other companies and they'll all show up on my arm without me having to point out where they are. Needless to say, I'm disappointed with these.

Well, on the bright side, they're all sitting in a Ziploc bag, waiting to go to my friend's 4 year old daughter. She'll love to play with them, and her mom will appreciate that they're pressed and not end up everywhere. Well, maybe not everywhere. You never know with a 4 year old.

Would I buy the regular singles again? No. But I will exchange the broken Ultimate Pearl and give it a try.

Thanks for looking, or at least trying to look at these pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment