Tuesday, August 16, 2011

NYX Aloha, Mink Brown, Deep Bronze Trio swatches

I got this NYX trio a few weeks ago using the 20% off coupon at Ulta. It's normally $7.99. I also bought the Aloha single shade, but didn't realize it until I started doing swatches. Oops!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After swatching the trio and realizing I bought Aloha as a single and as part of a trio, I was a little miffed with myself. But then I was a little confused - the Aloha from the trio showed up on my arm much better than the single. There can be differences from batch to batch, of course. Could the formulas be different?

Here's the ingredients (from the website) for the single shadows:

INGREDIENTS: Mica, Talc, Zinc Stearate , Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate(And)Boron Nitride, Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba)Seed Oil, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, B.H.T., Methylparaben, and Propylparaben.

MAY CONTAIN: Red Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Yellow Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Black Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), or Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Here's the ingredients (from the website) for the trio:

INGREDIENTS: Mica, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Pigment.

Ok, there are differences in the ingredients, which could well explain the shade inconsistency. It's easier to compare the two in person, of course.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The trio version is more peachy, more solid, while the single version is far more sheer and less pigmented.

So I guess I won't throw in the towel on NYX shadows quite yet. I'll just remember to skip the singles, after I check out a few more of the Ultimate Pearl shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment