Friday, August 5, 2011

Evil Shades Spectrum Pots

I ordered these four spectrum pots with my late July order from Evil Shades. I did swatches when I swatched the rest of the order, but wasn't happy. I used two different brushes, both on the softer side, and wasn't really able to get even coverage. Evil Shades suggests applying these with a stiff angled liner brush, sponge tip applicator, cotton swab or finger. I put them aside to reswatch but forgot all about them until the other day.

This time I used a nice stiff brush, which says "brow definer" on it. I'm not really sure where I got this brush, but I've had it for a few years, and it's my go to brush for applying mineral shadow to my brows. This brush worked much better.

Photobucket

close up, not that this will help you see the stiffness any, but what the hell.
Photobucket

I didn't label all the pics again, sorry. I'm not sure if it's the lack of sleep, allergies, or a bit of both, but my head has been incredibly strange the last few days. Not normal strange, but sort of floating strange. I think it's allergies, because some of my coworkers and friends have said they feel the same way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think there is a bit of a learning curve with these spectrum pots. The color worked much better when I applied a small amount to the brush and gradually added more. Too much on the brush made it blotchy. The white and pink shades were much easier to get even coverage; the purple was the hardest. It's a gorgeous shade so I need to keep at it. The black took a bit more work, but still easier than the purple. Damn you purple, why are you giving me a hard time?

To be continued within a day or so.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Great post- I've been curious about the Spectrum Pots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some products are so hard to work with...Keep trying I am sure the purple will give in...

    ReplyDelete