Wednesday, August 17, 2011

elf Bright Eye Collection swatches

I picked up these two elf palettes at Target for $5. I do recall reading something about elf, and I think it was positive, but I've never tried any of their stuff. When I saw the big display at Target, I thought what the hell, give it a try.

Photobucket


Photobucket

First, the Bright Eye Collection. It was ridiculously bright out and I had a hard time getting pictures. The lighter shades are hard to see even under good lighting. These are swatched over UDPP.

Photobucket


I wasn't sure I'd be able to get all 12 shades on my arm, so I thought I'd do the first 8 and then the last 4. Didn't want to do 6 & 6, splitting up a row, although I suppose it really doesn't matter. For the Everyday Eye, I squeezed 'em all in at once.

Here's the first 8 shades:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last four shades:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't feel it's worth it to go over the shades. The lighter shades did show up better than the NYX single shadows, but still not great.

Is the price worth it? $5 for 12 shades is $0.41666 cents per shade. It did come with a small black liner pencil (which I didn't use). The outside package says net wt 0.85 oz / 24 g. I don't know if that's just the shadow or if that includes the liner. But I bought Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics samples for 60 cents each (they're normally 75 cents each but I got them on sale). ARC's samples are 1 g, and since I WILL use ARC's samples but not use this palette again, the answer for me is no, it really wasn't worth it in the end.

That's not to say that they're totally useless. If I was a young girl and my Mom said I could spend $5 or $10 on makeup, this would make me drool. I'd have a field day playing with all the colors, trying different color schemes. I plan to give this to my friend's 4 year old, along with the NYX single shadows. She will definitely go crazy when she sees it!

No comments:

Post a Comment