Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics - 5 more swatches

Here's the 5 darker shades from my ARC order. All are swatched over Detrivore primer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm typing this up on 8/8 and their site is currently "on vacation" status, so I don't have their color descriptions for you. Here's my thoughts - keep in mind my skin is very pale / pink and I suck at describing color.

Bordeaux - yup, a shimmery bordeaux

Duchesse - darker purple with blue shimmer
Chocolate Rose - more on this one below

le Chocolat - deep dark chocolate with goldeny pink shimmer


Gouttiere
- christmassy dark green with gold shimmer

Ok, back to Chocolate Rose. When I first saw it in the bag I thought ugh, how awful. When I swatched it I thought of Gulden's Spicy Brown mustard, and although I often think of food while swatching, mustard doesn't seem like a positive.

I continued swatching the next two shades, went about taking pics, and it started to grow on me. Kinda suede like after a minute, but it needed a few minutes to really settle in and do its thing. In person, it ended up looking like a luxurious caramel leather. I swear I just saw a Coach bag this exact color. It took a few minutes to peak my interest, but now I think I'm going to have to incorporate it into a look. It really will work well for a jewel toned autumnal look.

It looks a bit uneven because I usually pat the shadow on heavy at the top, then sweep it down to see if it changes any. It's much deeper when patted, of course, but still nice when swept on.

I hope you've found the pictures helpful, and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment