Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Too Faced Naked Eye Soft & Sexy Eye Shadow Collection swatches

Photobucket
I bought this on a recent stop at Ulta for $35. It's also available at Sephora, same price. I usually skip any palettes with more than 4 shadows, but this one had enough that appealed to me. I've seen this several times before but took a better look with my new "hey, I'm really liking subdued neutrals" attitude.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Sephora's website kindly gives brief color descriptions, and my two cents are italicized:

In the Buff - matte ivory. On me it's a tad more white than cream/ivory.

Birthday Suit - beige shimmer. Nice amount of shimmer.


Pink Cheeks - pale pink. This is a really pretty barely there pink, pearlescent finish.

Pillow Talk - light taupe sheen. Nice hint of pink peeks through.

Satin Sheets - golden champagne shimmer. Went on much more golden than I thought it would, more shimmery than the other shades. I'd wear this one even though I'm not a gold fan.

Lap Dance - silvery taupe shimmer. This also has a hint of pinkish on me, shimmery.

Like a Virgin - matte taupe.

Unmentionables - steel gray shimmer. Yes, it's gray, but it's not what I call gray, probably because it's a warm, weird gray shade. It seemed more a brown/green duochrome to me, but I think I looked at it too long trying to figure it out. The only shade I really didn't like.

Stiletto - matte black. This is a softer black, I went back & forth with a bit more shadow on my brush to darken it up. A black for those of you who are afraid of black.

I hope you've found these swatches helpful. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment