Wednesday, July 6, 2011

NYX Hot Pink Cream Blush, Baby Pink, Cotton Candy, Spring Flowers swatches

I swatched the NYX items I picked up the other day.

Photobucket

The cream blush is really bright - be prepared!! You need only a very small amount, and have a clean non-latex sponge ready to "blot" the excess off. I was surprised how vibrant it is. It looked ever so slightly watermelony pink on my skin.

The shadow trio shades are all soft and pretty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Baby Pink is a nice subtle barely there pink shade. It looks a bit more lilac in the pan (even more in person than my pic), but goes on pink. Cotton Candy is a light pink shade, while Spring Flower is another step darker, hint of mauve shade. All three have a nice finish, shimmery without being over the top, more pearlescent.

I see more NYX shadows in my future.... prematched shades in trios and quads are great for not having to think about what to pair up. Since our schedule has changed from afternoons to mornings, it's hard for me to think about coming up with a sane shadow combination at the ridiculous hour of 7 am. I really need to start getting to bed much earlier than 2 to 4 am!!

Hope you've found these swatches helpful. Thanks for looking!

1 comment: