Friday, July 1, 2011

L'oreal Studio Secrets Color Correcting Primer and Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser

While searching for pink undereye cream concealer options, I found two items that I thought might be worth a try. I bought L'oreal Color Correcting Anti-Dull Skin Primer in pink, for light skin. It's also available in green and apricot, which is for "medium - deep skin". This was $12.99 at a drugstore. Target does carry it but their website doesn't show a price.

I also picked up Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles. The bottom of the tube says "60" and "Brightener" under that. It's not on Maybelline's website with the other Age Rewind concealers, which is weird. This was $9 at the drugstore, $8.49 at Target.

Photobucket

In this picture the Age Rewind is on the left and the Studio Secrets on the right, but in my swatch photos it's the opposite. Sorry, I should've kept them on the same side.

The Age Rewind has a foamy "eraser" at the top. You have to twist the red portion of the tube underneath it to push the fluid to the top of the eraser. It took quite a few twists, and I didn't get enough out right away, so it left a little mark on my arm from the tip inside the foam. It's a nice consistency, and is a very light pink shade. This would work well for normal eye circles, and to help brighten up this area.

The Studio Secrets is a more watery consistency, but a darker pink, slightly more salmon pink than the true darker pink of my old pink cream concealer. I'll include a picture at the bottom for you to see it. The Studio Secrets isn't as peachy salmon as some of the other salmon concealers I've swatched while at stores. I can't wear peachy shades well.

I used the Age Rewind and thought it was really too light to cover my major league dark circles. After swatching the Studio Secrets, I wasn't anxious to try it due to the consistency, but used it the next day and it worked much better than the Age Rewind shade. I used a small amount and gave it a minute to air dry before putting on my foundation. It did cover my circles really well, without looking peachy or too dark.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This pic is about 15 minutes later, after allowing the Studio Secrets a little time to air dry. I used far less than this to conceal under both my eyes.

Photobucket

Here's the Aromaleigh pink cream and the IQ Natural Bare Minerals.
Photobucket

Photobucket

So for now, I'll say the Studio Secrets is the best alternative once my old one runs out. I know a few other companies carry the other shades of the cream concealer, please oh please won't someone point me to the pink?

Hope you've found these pictures helpful, and thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swatches! I never thought of using a pink corrective colour on my under eye circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink works great for me, but there's yellow, green, and all the traditional shades. You really have to try different colors to figure out which works best!

    ReplyDelete