Monday, July 25, 2011

Evil Shades Soft Shades

I ordered some Evil Shades samples, four from the Summer Lights collection. These are really great summertime shades, soft and pretty, a hint of color without being too made up for in the heat. Now if I'd have thought this through I'd have put the 4 Summer Lights shades together, then the other two, but doh! I didn't.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Evil Shades color descriptions, my thoughts italicized

Sun Kissed
- Sheer baby pink with silver illumination and green shimmer
super soft & pretty shimmer pink. The green doesn't really come through on me, but that's ok, I'm not a green girl.

Beach Party - Sheer white (appears pinkish in the jar) with pink to blue luminescence and pink copper sparkle
It's appears not quite white on me, more ivory/cream with lots of shimmer. Gorgeous!

Valkyries - A light dusty neutral pink opalescent. (perfect highlight color)
I agree 100%!

Lazy Daze - Sheer violet with a pink luminescence and green sparkle
shimmery soft barely there pinkish hint of lilac, again, the green doesn't really read on me.

Vacation Paradise - Soft sheer Violet blue with blue undertones and aqua sparkle
an icy blue shimmer


Sovereign - Pure silver with multi colored sparkle
super sparkly, but still soft silvery shade that's a good way to add some silver without being too in your face.


These shades would all appear different if you use a colored base or cream shadow underneath. Evil Shades does show swatches over both a white cream pencil and black base, and the colors really do pop. Since I'm completely lazy and don't use a colored base 99.9% of the time, I just swatched them over a thin layer of UDPP, which is my standard swatching method.

Hope the pictures help, and thanks for looking!

1 comment: