Thursday, July 7, 2011

Evil Shades Hardcore Lips and Glitter Lipstick swatches

I ordered the Glitter Lipstick and some Hardcore Lips samples from Evil Shades, which arrived last week. OMG how adorable are these little sample containers? I ordered two Not Your Barbies, one for me and one for a friend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

closeup of More Synth
Photobucket

Evil Shades color descriptions, my thoughts italicized.

Lost Kiss - The hardcore version of our Suffocation gloss, a soft fuchsia pink with extreme blue/violet shift.
I **adore** Suffocation, so this is going to get a lot of use! Gorgeous pink and the violet comes right through.

Not Your Barbie - the hottest hot Barbie pink
Whew, that is one bright pink, but Barbie wouldn't dare to wear it.

Astraea's Embrace -
A deep blackened purple base with bright purple overtone and blue sparkle.(Has been reformulated to amp up the opacity)
a lovely dark purple, super pretty and much nicer in person than my pic

Roué- Delicious, dark blood red
usually shades that say "blood" in them have a coppery hint, but this is a great blue based red. Perfect!

More Synth glitter lipstick - clear base packed full of multi colored glitter
this looks great over any color, dark or light. The glitter really sparkles!


Hope you've found these swatches helpful, and thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. How does the glitter transfer? I mean, is it easy to layer it on? It looks super pretty, thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got an order yesterday, I got More Synth too and lots of Hardcore lips samples. I love the little cute pots so much! I can't wait to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love Roue and Astraea's Embrace!!!

    Also, I was listening to A Perfect Circle "The Noose" in my iTunes as I came to your page, and then all of a sudden I thought I heard the song start over again underneath... then I realized it was playing on your page too!! *lol* I thought I was going crazy at first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, I put the More Synth over a lipstick when the tube was on the warmer side (sitting in my purse in the car) and it went on smoothly, glitter was even. Don't know how it will work once it's cold out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy, that's funny. I ought to change around the songs more often but it's hard to find really mellow stuff I like to keep there. I dislike going to a blog and something really loud and obnoxious jumps out and scares the dickens out of me!

    ReplyDelete