Saturday, July 23, 2011

Black Rose Minerals Perpetual, Bleed Black, Stardust, Violater swatches

Last four of the Black Rose samples I purchased. These are swatched over a think layer of UDPP, and the glittery Stardust and Violater are patted over Pixie Epoxy.

The uneven Stardust swatch is no reflection on the product, but due to my icky swatching. I was racing a thunderstorm, so I didn't want to take the time to clean it off and reapply it neater because I was afraid I'd miss the sunlight. And yes, my arms are sunburned in the pictures.

Photobucket

A piece of glitter hit the light just right on this picture.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Black Rose Minerals color descriptions, with my thoughts italicized.

Perpetual
- A light to medium silver gray, this beauty shimmers with violet and green sparkle. We recommend with a sticky base or wet to bring out the true complexity of this one.
medium grey with shimmery hints in there that look green and sorta pink/purple.



Bleed Black
- This dark, sooty black is a great addition to a smoky palette. Worn dry, it’s a smoky charcoal gray heavy with bright silver glitter popping out. Wear it wet to deepen the charcoal tone.
I wrote soft sooty black with silver shimmer before I read the description. Ha! I'm not great at color description so I always amaze myself when I see what's in the official description. Perfect amount of shimmer.




Stardust
- A glitter explosion of purple, pink and ocean blue! Black Rose recommends using Pixie Epoxy or similar sticky base underneath.
Aqua, pink, and purple massive sparkle. Shake the bag well to ensure even distribution of color before applying.



Violater
- An explosion of red and various holo glitters! Black Rose recommends using Pixie Epoxy or similar sticky base underneath.
Pink and red glitter really stands out, but there's ever color imaginable in there. Shake the bag well to ensure even distribution of color before applying.


Stardust and Violater are "all over" shades that you can use anywhere, eyes, lips, hair, in your nail polish, etc. When I removed the swatches from my arm, the glitter did not feel scratchy like some glittery shades do. These two are patted over Pixie Epoxy. No sense using mega glitter if you're not using PE!

Hope you've found these swatches helpful, and thanks for looking.

2 comments: