Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tarte for True Blood Cheek and Lip Stain swatches

I purchased True Blood series 1 & 2 months ago but haven't watched them yet. It's on the list of things to do once Ian's in school full time in September. I have read all the books though, and I do like them. It's great when characters have that likeable, silly side to them, and the authors don't take it all too seriously.

When I first heard about these, I really wasn't interested, but when I saw them on Sephora's website I figured I'd give them a try.

(please note when I post pictures Photobucket takes a little while to figure out that I've resized and labeled them. If they're all wonky please look again later on, they'll fix themselves!)

Photobucket

The Tarte for True Blood Limited Edition Natural Cheek Stain - a limited edition, sparkling red cheek stain inspired by True Blood.

"What it does:
Have you spent eternity in search of an everlasting glow? Meet your maker. Inspired by the hit HBO® series True Blood™, this sparkling red cheek stain blends on smooth and lasts from dawn to dusk and well into the night. One drop is all you need to create a crave-worthy natural luminescence for all skintones and types. Like all Tarte products, this lusty natural stain will do good things to you thanks to natural mineral pigments and fruit extracts. Tune in to the new season of True Blood™, Sundays at 9/8c. Only on HBO®." (thanks for the commercial)

It really does have golden sparkle in it, which isn't dead obvious from all angles (pardon the pun), which I really like. It's red without being overkill, since it is a stain. Jeez, another pun. It's unintentional.

oooooohhhh, sparkly! Kinda looks like a snow cone.
Photobucket

Tarte for True Blood™ Limited-Edition LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint - a mint-infused, iridescent red shade of Tarte's limited-edition LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint, inspired by True Blood.

"What it does:
Experience love at first taste with Tarte's LipSurgence™ Natural Lip Tint, inspired by the hit HBO® series True Blood™. It's all flavor and no bite with this mint-infused, iridescent red shade that drenches lips in a luminous, long-lasting tint. Tarte's LipSurgence™ technology rehydrates lips by delivering a surge of moisture for a deliciously plumped up appearance. Tune in to the new season of True Blood™, Sundays at 9/8c. Only on HBO®."

I love a red lippy, but it is a red stain, far less red than a kick ass red lipstick like Morgana's Very Cherry, a true vampy red. Oops, sorry, another one. It does have a nice sheen to it and felt smooth going on. I didn't have it on long enough to say whether it really rehydrated them or plumped them up. My lips are fairly full, although it's hard to tell in my pictures because I tilt my head down out of habit. Certainly no Angelina, but a nice fullness without looking artificially plumped up.


Photobucket

Photobucket

You can see the sparkle a bit better here.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The cheek stain is $30 and the lip stain is $24. There's also a shadow collection for $52, but I didn't think I'd get enough use to justify buying it. I'd rather buy a handful of individual shades, or even a trio or quad instead of this 17 shade palette. They are limited editions, so who knows how many are out there and how long these items will be available.

Hope you've found these swatches helpful, and thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. great swatches! I absolutely love the cheek stain, it's such a pretty juicy looking red and the gold sparkle is just so cool!
    I haven't read the books or seen passed the first series but I really liked what I did see.
    Also hullo, I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo beautiful! I want! But Sephora jacked the prices up for canucks. I still think I may have to break out the trusty credit card anyways... Oh decisions..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies and welcome Lillian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the cheek stain looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would look nice on you with the golden hint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for all the insight, Cin! :)

    But I had to laugh at your comment about the blush...it really does look like a snow cone!

    Ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete